The original of all present-day vans and transporters dates back to the platformtruck used in the late 1940s for internal transport at the Volkswagen works at Wolfsburg. It inspired the Dutch importer Ben Pon with the idea of a transport vehicle. At the end of the 1940s VW developed several prototypes for a roomy vehicle suitable for transport purposes. As none of the names they had in mind for it was available for unrestricted use.
The kit comes with realistic rubber tires, transparent parts for windows and lights shields, and some sliver chrome plated light bucket and other parts, and a waterslide decal sheet for interior and detail.
This is a model kit needs assemble and paint.
Paint and glue are not included and need to purchase separately.
- Includes a detailed interior, chassis, suspension, and engine.
- Doors and tailgate are operable, and the roof can be build optionally closed or folded back.
- Wheels roll and front wheels are positionable.
- Includes both American and European type bumper bars.
- Full set of decals included.