One of the vehicles that participated in the Spa 24 Hours in 1989, known as the endurance race for touring cars, is the Toyota Tom'S Corolla Levin AE92.
It is a Group A specification developed based on Toyota's sporty car, Corolla Levin's AE92 type, and is equipped with an in-line 4-cylinder 1587cc on the front. It was an FF type machine that drives the front wheels, which participated in touring car races in Japan and developed dead heat with rivals.
Then, challenge the spa 24-hour race where touring cars from all over the world.
The 1989 race was held from July 22nd to 23rd, and the car number 34 Levin was driven by Hideshi Matsuda, Morio Nitta, and Kaori Okamoto. The participation of Kaori Okamoto, who was also active as an actress at the time, attracted a great deal of attention. She won the 33rd grid in qualifying, continued to run steadily in the final race, completed the race 49 laps behind the top, and finished 3rd in the class.
The kit comes with realistic rubber tires, transparent parts for windows and lights shields, and some sliver chrome plated light bucket and other parts, and a waterslide decal sheet for interior and detail.
This is a model kit needs assemble and paint.
Paint and glue are not included and need to purchase separately.
- Auxiliary lights on the front bumper, roof, and door number lights are reproduced with a new mold.
- The plastic model assembly kit that reproduces the Toyota Corolla Levin AE92, which won the 3rd place in the class at the 1989 Spa 24 Hours, on a 1/24 scale.
- The sharply reproduced sporty body style is firmly modeled with the auxiliary light added to the front, which is unique to endurance racing.
- The suspension etc. are reproduced with separate parts and the underside of the chassis with a three-dimensional finish is also spectacular
- Detailed reproduction of indoor equipment such as the roll bar Marking reproduces car No. 34 in the 1989 Spa 24 Hours
- Completed size: Overall length about 177mm
- 1/24 Toyota Corolla Levin AE92 SPA 24 Hours 1989 model kit 1 pc
- Paint and glue